Sunday, April 15, 2007

Movie: 300


300. I am not a person who has been into historicals ever. I didn't even know what this movie was about till we decided to got for it and then realised it was about the Spartans and Persians. History is intriguing but it is so often MISREPRESENTED and changes its meaning and significance depending upon the source of origin, that it often becomes futile. This movie is PROPAGANDA at its best. West versus East and it shocks me that we should still showcase the barbarism and soak ourselves in the pride of the so called valour. This is an interesting review of the movie with all its intricacies and details, I will abstain from commenting further.

For me 300 was comical , ridiculous and meaningless. Really I would have preferred Namaste London and did enjoy bheja fry more than it , have been dying to catch some mindless comedies bollywood ishtyle. It was a graphic treat but that's not what i watch movies for. The portrayal of Persians is what appalled me most. Please watch it at your risk.

The only people who can possibly learn from such an overtly stupid movie are the directors of mythological soaps and historicals in India in terms of its production - cinematography and art direction. The rest of it is all a FRAUD.

Avoidable!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home