Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Book : Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini



As it turns out, Kiterunner is on the best sellers list but that was not the reason why I picked it. I was given this one by a dear friend and with high recommendation so I thought it was worth a read. and it wasnt disappointing.

The distant father son relationship, the changes in setting after almost half the book has passed by and the ending , all have elements of beauty and surprise. It is bleak and in a way hopeful, but nevertheless engaging all through.

Its only a coinicidence that strikes me now that I reviewed this book on 11th Sept. The book is about Afgahnistan and about the many Afghanistanis who have left their native land only to survive and for no ther reason.

Read it you are fond of heartwrenching tragedies.

It's a good read for sure.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2007 at 3:10 AM , Blogger Smiling Dolphin said...

Balki had gifted me Kite runner for my birthday in 2005, yes yes truly a fantastic book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home